This position is available to candidates located in Calgary, Alberta or Vancouver, BC.
Our head office is in downtown Calgary and we have offices in San Francisco, California and London, UK. We offer a flexible work environment with opportunities to work from home.
Reach (withreach.com) – a young and innovative company serving the ecommerce world – is seeking an energetic, curious, and open-minded software engineer to help us continue our evolution in the areas of ecommerce development.
As a Senior Software Developer in our Plugins team, you will be working daily with a variety of ecommerce plugins to support payments and shipping. Over time, you will refactor, enhance the architecture and make long-term decisions about the direction of these plugins. Current plugins include Magento, Demandware and a custom plugin for third-party shipping. Opportunities will also exist to work with our API, written in Python using AWS Lambda.
Roles & Duties
- Be a collaborative team member of a growing agile development team
- Enhance our automated testing suite and improve coverage
- Assist our partner team with merchant support, as required
- Integrate with third party APIs using technology such as RESTful APIs and XML/JSON
- Inspect and adapt development processes and automation to improve team productivity
We must be comfortable working as a member of a distributed team, have strong communication skills, and have a capacity to push boundaries and challenge conventions. You must be motivated to seek out answers and willing to help others. We are looking for someone with the initiative to figure out how they can use their skills to best help us.
Your real-world curiosity, experience and ability are important to us. We expect that you will have a strong programming foundation and can pick up new information and roll with it quickly. You should have an excellent command of English, and competencies with any other languages are a plus.
- An Agile mindset
- Excellent communication skills in English and a team-oriented approach to development
- 5+ years of experience in object oriented software development (C++, C#, Java, Python)
- 3+ years of PHP programming experience
- Experience writing unit, integration and functional tests
- Development experience with APIs
Nice to have:
- Experience working with the Magento Platform
- Experience working with other ecommerce platforms such as Shopify or Demandware
- Software development experience using Python
- Experience working with an Agile team
- Experience working with a distributed team
- ecommerce or payments experience
- Flexible work environment
- Health Savings Plan (Canada)
- Self-Directed Career Development Plan (Annual Budget + Paid Days)
How to Apply
You can read more about our company on our website, and if you would like to work with us, please forward your qualifications – whether they be in the form of a traditional CV, an online CV, a list of projects you’ve worked on with a description of your involvement or a letter detailing your qualifications. Direct any of the above to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Software Developer (Plugins)”