This position is available to candidates located in Calgary, Alberta or Vancouver, BC.
Our head office is in downtown Calgary and we have offices in San Francisco, California and London, UK. We offer a flexible work environment with opportunities to work from home.
Roles & Duties
- Be a collaborative team member of a growing agile development team
- Enhance our automated testing suite and improve coverage
- Assist our partner team with merchant support, as required
- Integrate with third party APIs using technology such as RESTful APIs and XML/JSON
- Inspect and adapt development processes and automation to improve team productivity
We must be comfortable working as a member of a distributed team, have strong communication skills, and have a capacity to push boundaries and challenge conventions. You must be motivated to seek out answers and willing to help others. We are looking for someone with the initiative to figure out how they can use their skills to best help us.
Your real-world curiosity, experience and ability are important to us. We expect that you will have a strong programming foundation and can pick up new information and roll with it quickly. You should have an excellent command of English, and competencies with any other languages are a plus.
- An Agile mindset
- Excellent communication skills in English and a team-oriented approach to development
- Experience with webpack or other package building tools
- Experience building cross-browser applications
- Development experience with APIs
Nice to have:
- Experience working with the Shopify Platform
- Experience working with other ecommerce platforms such as Magento or Demandware
- Experience working with an Agile team
- ecommerce or payments experience
- Experience in object oriented software development (C++, C#, Java, Python)
- Experience writing unit, integration and functional tests
- Flexible work environment
- Health Savings Plan (Canada)
- Self-Directed Career Development Plan (Annual Budget + Paid Days)
How to Apply